Sunday, July 27, 2008

Birthday Review

Birthday Surprises!
I had a wonderful birthday :)

Adam and I went on a date and saw Mama Mia! I "heart" ABBA and Colin Firth, so it was a great match.

I also got a pair of diamond earrings that Max can't pull on (he's already started yanking on my necklaces!)

Max's gift to me is 6 months of Netflix. I've not seen many movies over the past 5 years (except for Adam's Oscar winners) so I've got a lot of Romantic Comedies to catch up on.

Then yesterday Nick and Kara showed up at the door! I was so surprised. They stayed until today and then headed back to Ohio. We had a great time with them and Max just loved them. We had lunch at Taco John's (hurray for Potato Oles - Kerry and Tina, thank you) and we walked through the shops on the town square, played the Wii, and had dinner on Peoria's riverfront at Old Chicago Pizza (best pizza I've had in a long time).
(I'll post pictures once they email them to me.)

Church Goings
Adam preached another sermon today (his third one). It's starting to feel like home here, instead of just vacation.

Speaking of vacation, Vacation Bible School started this evening. It's so fun to watch all the adults interact with the kids. There were a lot of unfamiliar faces tonight amongst the kids, so pray that they would learn the Truth.

Faces are becoming familiar and friendly, I've got my pew spot all marked out, I'm feeling pretty good. It's just really fun to watch my husband up there after so much waiting.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My dad used to manage a Taco Johns! Isn't it the best??? It's my favorite!
Love you!
Rebecca

Laura said...

Can't wait to see the pictures!

The Kipps said...

Yea a new blog, don't forget to post pictures of Max. Is he getting facial hair yet? That was a great surprise.