I remembered to take a picture on the 13th (January, February, March) this month, but then forgot to blog. I've been forgetting to blog a lot... We'll do something or I'll think of something and say to myself, "Don't forget to blog that," and then I promptly forget.
Here's the pictures....
1. Penny's first word: A-da (for Daddy)
I swear she also says Yesh (for Yes)
2. Penny also waves, gives kisses, crawls, climbs, stands up, cruises the furniture, and climbs the stairs. And she dances. A LOT.
3. Max turns 3 in 3 weeks. I don't know how I'm going to handle that.
4. I'm signed up to participate in a local craft fair, sharing a table with a friend who makes jewelry.
5. Adam just started softball practice and Max is very proud to say that his Daddy plays baseball.
6. When I ask Max about things (like how he got so cute, or so big) he tells me it happens while he's sleeping.
7. He also tells us that his stuffed animals are being loud and talking to him when he gets in trouble for not going to bed.
8. He loves his sister so much that he wants to hug her all the time and she keeps trying to get away from him.
9. He also pushed her down the other day. I didn't see it happen, but he told me he did.
10. Max likes to stay in church service long enough to sing the songs. But he always sings the theme songs to his favorite television shows instead, even if he knows the songs.
11. Penny has picked up signing just like her brother did, and now tells us "more" and "all done" for various activities (mostly eating).
12. Max has started to recognize letters and shown an interest in learning letter sounds. But he still does not consistently know his colors. But can count to 20 or so. I'm guessing he's leaning more toward and engineer than an artist.
13. We hope everyone has a wonderful Easter!
Wednesday, April 6, 2011
First, cute pictures of my kids... Today was a free day at the zoo and Adam took a little time off work to go with us. I promise that camel is not dead. I made sure it was breathing before I made Max stand in front of it to take a picture. I guess I didn't know that camels laid down like that to sleep. I assumed they either stood or laid down like a horse or cow. Man that camel looked dead.
Oh my word, it was one of those weeks. We kept getting pummeled by one thing or another. It's kind of ongoing so we aren't out of the clear yet, but our God is good. All the time. Yes, ALL THE TIME.
I've had a really great chance to hear some women speakers in the past few weeks. It started with the Hearts @ Home conference a few weeks ago but has continued and this past week I've heard two women speak and they've used the same verses. These are also verses that keep popping up in Adam's sermons, in my Bible study, in encouragement from friends, in song lyrics, just about everywhere. Apparently they are verses I need to be paying attention to. Here are the three that keep smacking me upside the head.
2 Timothy 1:7
For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.
And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
I've begun to notice a theme. I'm working on the things God is starting a change on in me. It's not always what we want to hear, but listening is better than not. Just as I always tell Max, it's always better if we obey the first time, I just need to be obedient.