Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Creature of Habit

I always use the same treadmill at the gym. It's the first one on the left side (so don't steal it ok?) and it over looks the loft opening to the foyer of Five Points and has a nice view out a window. I stare at the same tree when I'm trying to finish those last 10 seconds of running that are so killer to me. I'm not a runner yet, but I have been working on this system: Couch to 5 k running plan to get myself jump started. If I don't have a plan I cheat. I'm a cheater.

Today that treadmill looked odd. It looked like it was stuck with the incline all the way up. It was hard to even step up to. Instead of trying foolishly to fix it I hopped two treadmills down. This one happens to be right in front of a tv. Luckily it was on CNN. But the closed caption is on some unidentifiable language and I have to listen to music so all I caught were the headlines and captions that scroll across the bottom.

So here's what's going on in the world according to CNN captions:
-Starlings are responsible for deadly airplane flights
-Lots of people showed up for the "Tea Party" in the nation's capital today
-People were killed somewhere in Afghanastan

In the end I was really annoyed to not be able to see my tree.

No comments: