Tuesday, May 11, 2010

T I M E

That's something I can't quite grasp these days. I think I don't have enough, then I find myself waiting with nothing to do. It goes by so quickly for three hours then a minute lasts six. I have so much to do it'll never get done in time, and yet six weeks seems soooo far away.

It's been more than a week since I've blogged and the real reason is that I've been lazy about it. I didn't want to edit photos, I just wanted to click around the internet and didn't want to put in any effort of my own.

So here's a long post. Probably with a lot of pictures. I've been working with a cross of gimp (a photo editing program) and picnik.com to get some results I've wanted. I'm completely unmotivated to do anything I need to  do so I'll play with the pictures while putting on tv shows for Max all morning. It's rainy and chilly and so I don't feel bad at all.

Here's a list of what's happened since I last wrote, because I can't keep things in order for myself.

  1. We had a picnic on the town square
     

  2. I got a wonderful Mother's Day present from Adam (well the baby and Max) - A Kate Spade tote to carry diapers around in
  3.  Grammy came to visit last Saturday bringing along Miss Sandy. Max loved Sandy and asked for her days after she left. We finally called her to let him talk to her.
  4. Adam performed six baptisms- all kids with a heart for the Lord (from ages 5-20)
     
  5. Grammy stayed the week and I barely picked up my camera
  6. Except for this shot
  7. We lost a play plastic hammer and it devastated Max
  8. We folded baby clothes, lots of baby clothes, and big boy clothes, clothes that seem too big for my baby
  9. Friends had a miscarriage and it rocked our world. But we saw their amazing faith and trust in the Lord and were humbled by it.
  10.  We went shopping
  11. We opened lots of presents
  12. Grammy bought Max a new plastic hammer. Joy ensued.
  13. I had a lot of contractions
  14. Grammy and I kept telling each other to take it easy. We both got in trouble for not following the others' orders
  15. Max climbed (again and again)
     
  16. Pop pop came to town
  17. Pop pop learned what happens when you leave the toilet seat up at our house
  18. Uncle Rick stopped by on his was from Ohio back to North Dakota
  19. I made red beans and rice for the first time (it was delicious, if I say so myself)
  20. I finished everything for the class I was taking and turned it all in (I just have to show up for class on Thursday)
  21. Adam and Pop pop worked on a lot of small projects around the house
  22. We celebrated Max turning 2
  23. I didn't cry. I laughed and was so proud
  24. Our sewer backed up inside and outside our house
  25. The son of a member of our church came over 7:30 am on Sunday to fix it so we could be at church
  26. I can still faintly smell sewage in our house (luckily it only backed up in our coal room which we do not use)
  27. Adam and I made a trip to the hospital with some false labor (and I thought my water may have sprung a little leak)
  28. But first we took some Mother's Day pictures
  29. We were sent home a few hours later after a lot of tests were run and a sono performed
  30. We got to see the babies perfectly formed ear
  31. Grammy and Pop pop left and less than 48 hours later my house is a disaster
  32. Last night we moved Max upstairs to his big boy room
  33. I couldn't get a picture because the lighting was too dark
  34. I cried
  35. Lightning woke him up at 3 am
  36. I cried
  37. We fell asleep together on the couch around 5:30 am
  38. I woke Adam up around 6 am so I could go back to bed for a bit.
  39. It's not even 11 am and I'm so ready for nap time

2 comments:

The Kipps said...

A fast fun filled week and that was only part of it. A delicious smoke pork shoulder, a new freezer and Adam buyin klondikes to put in it. We miss you. Love Pop Pop and Grammy

Laura said...

My oh my! So sorry for your friends who went through one of life's toughest. I'm overwhelmed just reading all of those things, so I can't imagine how tired you are!