Friday, May 18, 2007

Single for the weekend...

I always travel. I love to travel. I would probably choose more exotic places if money weren't an issue. This weekend I'm not traveling. Adam is. I dropped him off at the airport this morning after filling him full of Chick-Fil-a breakfast. So that means I'm single for the weekend. Nothing in the house will move or get cluttered unless I choose for it to do so. Cupboard doors will not be left open and I get to sleep as late as I want tomorrow morning without hearing Saturday morning cartoons in the background. I get to have an all girls night, at my house, with my single friends. Best of all.... I get to think about how much I miss my husband all weekend, knowing I'll see him Sunday night.

It's not unusual to see BMWs, Mercedes, Lexus, Porsches, Corvettes, and even Ferarris around Dallas. I didn't grow up accustomed to this but think it's fun to watch when I'm stuck in traffic. This morning on the way to work from the airport I saw the customary little BMW convertible. This was no ordinary BMW however; the woman driving it had the top down (the weather had actually cooled to make it tolerable) and in the passenger seat was none other than the whole of her back bumper riding along buckled in. Then it dawned on me that the reason her top was down is her car is probably wider than it is tall and long and so she had to drive with her top down in order to carry her bumper as a passenger. I wish I had a picture, my description doesn't do it justice.

Where am I supposed to sit when I'm by myself on Sunday at church?

No comments: