Friday, February 12, 2010

Such a big boy!

I know that this is one of those parenting things where there's no right or wrong answer. But it's such a milestone, at least I think so.

We converted Max's crib today into the toddler bed. It wasn't nearly as complicated for Adam to do as I thought it would be. We knew we wanted him to be to this point before the baby got here, but just weren't sure when to do it. Lately he's been completely upset when he drops a book or his stuffed animals out of the crib so we decided on a whim today to just go ahead and do it.

He was so excited that Daddy had tools out he watched the entire conversion process and then ran over and climbed right in to jump on his bed by himself. He was absolutely thrilled. Until it was bedtime.

He was quite upset when it was time to go to bed. We decided we would do our routine like we normally do, sing a song together and then tuck him in and just leave. We didn't know if it would work. And it didn't at first. We heard him whining and then heard the doorknob wiggle a little (he can't open his door, it's an old antique one that takes a good grip). But after two minutes we heard nothing. I couldn't resist peeking in (I always wake him up with the old door thing) and he was fast asleep in his bed. He woke for a few seconds when I snapped the picture, but it was a risk I had to take.

So here's my big guy. All growed up in his big boy bed. It means a lot to me that he's sleeping with the first baby blanket I ever crocheted. Way back in 2006. Way before we even thought of having kids.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Max, way to go! We found bed time to be pretty easy to get Ella to stay in bed, the problem is nap time when she would rather be playing. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Our little guy is growing up way too fast!!!-He really is a true toddler - no turning back!! Lots of love!! grammy