Monday, July 19, 2010

five weeks and everything else too...


We've been super productive around here cleaning out closets and the fridge and we "deep" cleaned the house all day Saturday while Nell took a 5 hour nap. I only agreed to the cleaning because I thought she would only sleep an hour or two and want to be fed and cuddled and would get me out of cleaning. Instead she even slept through the vacuum.

This week is VBS at the church. Last night we had over 60 kids and it was awesome! We have been walking alongside the couple who is running it this year but it's nice to not have the official responsibilities. I did help with registration in hopes of talking and meeting each of the kids and especially their parents. It was great to see a bunch of the Awana parents I hadn't seen in quite a while and catch up really quick.

This year we are starting a MOPS group at the church in hopes of reaching out to the younger families in our community. I'll be heading it up and I'm super excited about getting my hands dirty in a ministry that I get to form and shape and mold into something that's honoring to God. Not that I don't do ministry everyday with all the church stuff we have going on. :)

This morning we are staying inside and it might just make both Max and I crazy but Penelope has some awful heat rash and it gets so aggravated when she is out.Otherwise, she is doing so well and has made herself a little schedule which I absolutely LOVE. She's been still sleeping in the pack n play in our room, but I told Adam that she'll have to move to her crib soon, she's getting so loud sleeping making little noises and stirring but going right back to sleep that she keeps waking me up at night. She did nap in her crib for the first time yesterday for a few hours and did really well.

Also on Saturday we finished putting together Nell's nursery and finally have things on the walls, I just need to finish her curtains or valances once I can decide what to do and a few other teeny things.

I can't believe this time two years ago we had just moved to Illinois and were settling in. It truly feels like it's been FOREVER since that.

Crafts
It's been a long time since I've posted any projects. Here are a couple. There are more but I've failed to take pictures yet.
Above are preemie hats for donation to the hospital where Penny was born and where our friend's little guy spent 5 weeks in the NICU.

The rest of my niece Ella's birthday present including Max giving the bunny some love before it was sent.

another wool soaker

More presents to be mailed away to family and friends

a blankie I finished for Nell for this winter (Mamaw: the purple is the rest of the yarn from the blankie you made for Penelope)

2 comments:

The Kipps said...

Nel? whose Nel? Is that Nel as in whoaaaNellie? Great pictures. Glad all are doing well. Thanks for the update.

Love Grammmie and Poppy

Laura said...

Mops will be so fun for you! Nell is already so much bigger! I love how Max is so cuddly with her :)