Monday, June 18, 2007

Ella! (screamed like Stella in a Streetcar Named Desire)

Baby Ella's here, well almost.... maybe....
Laura has been admitted to the hospital. She's been there since Saturday and still no baby Ella. But hopefully we'll know more today, or at the very least, Laura and Ryan can get some sleep. It's strange for Adam and I being so far away and all, I think I woke up five times last night thinking the phone was ringing. Pray for them, that the doctors (and ultimately Ryan and Laura) will make wise decisions and that everyone will be healthy.

Surprised? I am.
On Saturday, I ran my first 5k. I know you are thinking, yeah right Cara's totally lying. But I have witnesses and proof (most of my proof though is that I still can't walk properly). My witnesses are Aymee (who "jogged" it with me) and Adam who saw me start and finish. I'm not even going to embarrass myself by posting or talking about time, but I do want to get better, I really do. I did beat my usual treadmill (and estimation time) by over three minutes. And I did catch a bit of a cold because it rained the whole time.

Crafting
I'll be adding pictures later, but I finished a baby blanket and started a big person afghan this past week out of my yarn binge from Monday. I was almost done with the baby blanket when I ran out of blue yarn (it is blue and green striped) and I was about an inch or two from finishing the last row, and of course it was clearance yarn because they've discontinued it. So I had to be pretty crafty at hiding the strange corner, it looks pretty good if I do say so myself. Now I just need a baby boy to give it to (nudge, nudge Kooglers, if I knew what you were having).
I also started (and finished) the embroidery on the tea stained kerchief and I'm a little surprised that I was able to free hand draw part of the pattern and able to make up the stitching to fill it all in. It's smaller than I had originally planned and I'm sure my technique would be looked down upon by more experienced (I can notice a little puckering in the fabric and I have no idea how it got there) but all in all it's looking pretty good for my first attempt. Now I just need a block of time to finish it in.

Two Princes
I'm totally watching the Dateline tonight where Matt Lauer interviews Princes William and Harry. The total quantity of cuteness in the interview room must have been enough to knock out any woman. The cameraman must have been a dude. I watched the preliminary interview this morning on the Today Show.
(And kudos to those who caught my Spin Doctors reference above.)

Kipp Movie Update
We had a movie fantastic weekend, per our usual weekend now.

Adam forced me to watch Hamlet with him claiming to not know how to handle Shakespearean language. Me? I love Shakespeare, but unfortunately having been forced to watch Hamlet sometime during high school makes this one leave a bad taste in my mouth. Luckily not feeling well after the 5k earlier that morning, when I fell asleep Adam kindly let me sleep.

This movie was pretty good. I really don't have anything profound to say about it. I wasn't really a Betty Davis fan before the movie. I'm much more of a Betty Davis fan now.

Adam didn't appreciate the twenty minute dance scene at the end that did nothing to further the plot, but then decided that he should replay it to make sure that it didn't make sense. I, on the other hand, heart Gene Kelly. My favorite scene is when he sings and dances with the French children singing I Got Rhythm.

Next up is one of my all-time-favorite movies. The Greatest Show on Earth. Can't wait!

2 comments:

Kate said...

Hey, thanks for commenting on my page! Can't wait to see pics of your embroidery and all your crocheting...in all honesty, hearing about all your crocheting projects has given me the bug to try it...but I'm a little intimidated because I really don't like knitting that much - is it easier to pick up?

Alida Sharp said...

I would love to see pictures of your crocheting! I started crocheting at age ten and just love how it looks... I can knit too but I love to crochet!
www.prayandcrochet.blogspot.com

Alida