Monday, July 16, 2007

Wonderful weekend

I'm in phase two regarding my last post. There is a very large pile of random things in the middle of my living room floor.

My weekend was wonderful! The highlight was the time I got to spend with my family, especially my mom. So often my visits are rushed (as this one was) that I always feel like someone gets left out of the mix. There's just not enough of me to go around I guess (yeah, right!). I had a great time hanging out with my family (and celebrating my birthday a little early).
On Saturday after the beautiful bridal shower, I got to spend time with Nick and Kara. I got to see all the wonderful changes they've made to their house and little Roscoe's card tricks. Then we went to dinner at a Japanese steak house. I tried to teach Nick how to use chopsticks but instead he ended up flinging it onto the cooking area in the middle of the table while our food was being cooked. The chef then got him the rubberbanded-child chopsticks. It was really funny. I don't think I've laughed so much in a long time.

The happy couple...

My Nicky and Me...


Nick with a K/Cara on either side


On Sunday I got to go to East Side for church and spend lunch time with my Music family to see Andi's beautiful wedding pictures and hilarious video. It was such a fun time when the wedding happened and it was almost as much fun watching it all recounted. Note to self.... the videographer is recording even during prayers.
Me and Andi Leigh


Craft Scene
For part of Kara's bridal shower gift I made some practical gifts that I hoped would match their new home These are some pictures of coasters that I crocheted and then added fabric to the back of with a free hand (machine) stich to look like abstract quilting. The coasters were modified largely from a tutorial on Purl Bee so much modified in fact that I might almost call them inspired instead. But they turned out so wonderfully with the stitching. I also made some dish cloths (really dish rags, but I didn't want to demean them by calling them rags) and packaged them all up along with her other gifts from the "suitcase game."



No comments: