Monday, August 27, 2007

It feels like school

Adam and I were watching the Today Show (have I told you I like the Today Show?) when he turned to me and said, "This morning I woke up and it felt like school." He said it with such disdain in his voice that I imagined a six year old saying it in light of a lost summer. Poor kid. When I think about it, I realize he has been in school for twenty years straight without a break. I'd be grumpy too. But fall is in my heart (it can't be real because it's still 100 outside), but football starts this weekend, I cleaned out my closet yesterday, casual dress at work is coming to an end, and I had to go 20 in the school zone this morning on my way to work effectively making me late. I think I'll stop on the way home from work today and buy some school supplies. Adam could use some new pencils.

No comments: