Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Musings

I've been having a wonderful, wonderful time with Jessica. We've not done too much, but have spent the time wisely none the less. I always feel like I'm stocking up friendship and warm fuzzies while I'm around her to pull out on days when I'm down on myself and missing those who are really close to my heart. She makes me laugh and cry, most often at the same time. I'm tearing up just writing this, so I'll leave it at that.
I've been hurting a lot lately and she's been just the balm that I need to smooth out those rough patches. She's amazing.

On my Google homepage is a CS Lewis quote generator. I've heard and read this one before but I just love to think about it

If we discover a desire within us that nothing in this world can satisfy,
also we should begin to wonder if perhaps we were created for another world.
It's so true that nothing in this world satisfies. I know I truly have desires that nothing I can do or someone can do for me will satisfy. The only logical explanation is that I am not made for this world but another.
One where there is no sickness, no pain, no crying, no suffering, only joy, and
peace, and singing, and praising Him who created all of this world and the next. That really excites me.

No comments: