Saturday, January 19, 2008

The Ugly Dolls

There's a new craze going around and it's for The Ugly Dolls. Stuffed "animals" that are so ugly, they are cute. They also each come with their own story. I've been wanting to get one for a while now, but I decided, why not make one? Specifically make one for the baby (I love that my child has now become my excuse to make completely useless crafts and purchases). I had Adam draw a design he thought he would like (he drew 5, each complete with its own persona that he invented as well) and then we talked about the feasability of each one along with my ability and craft materials on hand. Luckily I have lots of felt :), and although it is not high quality felt, it worked well. Meet Irwin. He's brave. I'm sure him and Baby Kipp will have lots of adventures together.

No comments: