Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving - Thankful Thursday




I missed last week's Thankful Thursday but I couldn't miss this one! I am so thankful for many things, but today it's mostly friends I'm thankful for. They always say you can't pick your family, but you can pick your friends and I must be really good at it because you guys are awesome!

Today our house is filled with the pitter patter and bang bangs of little feet and there will be 12 at our table. All friends and family in Christ. What a wonderful way to spend the holiday! We haven't spent Thanksgiving with family in a few years now, but have made it a tradition to spend it with friends. I'm thinking of the last 5 years where every year our table has looked quite different with the dishes and faces and this year is no different even though the location is different (I have a table big enough for 12!) and as a new addition this year of those 12 half are kids!

Right now I'm home with Max alone as the rest of our house guests are our delivering meals to those in need and when they get back we'll have cider, finish watching the parade, and get that big ol' bird in the oven while other friends show up and we get to be thankful for health, life, God's provision, and last of all FRIENDSHIP!


(And a picture of Max this morning with Aleksandra)

No comments: