Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Wow!

I have so much to share... let's see if I can get it all in.

Max
Max is growing like a weed, I've gotten out his 18 month clothes this week. I can't believe suddenly how tall he is. He stands a head above the arm of the couch. He's been in love with making us laugh at him (hunh, a little like his dad?) and loves to "surprise" us by hiding and playing peek-a-boo or having us pretend to sleep. He doesn't even eat much baby food anymore and we've discovered he loves salsa and spicy things. He loves to just wander around the house playing in all the rooms he can get to, and thinks he just owns the church when we go over there. He'll let himself into the nursery to play if the doors aren't closed. He's also learned how to climb this week. He's still not walking on his own and doesn't seem to mind at all, if he can crawl and climb he's one happy fellow.

He loves carring around his Easter basket and playing with the plastic eggs

Crawling through, under, and over things is our new favorite game

He pulled himself over in his chair and crawled around like a turtle with a shell on his back

This picture is so funny I laugh out loud when I look at it. Sweetly, suggestive baby.

At our favorite Mexican restaurant Tequila's

House
We've ran into a time of it with the staircase ceiling and walls. It's been a bit of labor and is still being worked on. But things are moving still. I'll soon be back into the groove with painting and refinishing part of the handrail and also we're working on our bedroom in that spare time. The problem is Max can't be in the house very much right now because of all the dust from sanding the mud, so it' s a little difficult but Adam worked there all day yesterday and I'm going to probably work there Friday evening this week. It has to be ready in 9 weeks, with us moved in. So we'll see lots of changes really quick here.

Girls Only Conference
The conference was this past weekend, and I had a lot of fun. Four of our high school girls came with me. After teaching, I was left with a sour taste in my mouth for most teenagers, so this was fun for me.

We had a great time and I hope the girls all got something (anything!) out of it. I spoke on Guarding Your Heart and it was fun and exhausting to plan for the day, but I'm glad I did it and I learned a lot through the process. God is good and answered my prayers for the day.

Me with three of the girls

We stopped to look at the Mississippi River


Crafting
Just in case you follow along for crafts, yesterday I went on a bender to finish Max's spring sweater. I loved this pattern because it was simple and had all the characteristics I wanted, a few buttons, a hood and it worked in a way I could add length to the body easily. The pattern was free from Ravelry and if anyone wants, I can get it for them, I just don't have it in front of my to give the name right now. I had to redo parts of it though because I wanted to customize it for Max, I made the hood bigger because we have a big headed baby, I made the sleeves longer, and the body longer and thinner, and Max grew a lot while I was finishing it so now the hood is too small already, but I guess that's how it goes. He loved wearing it though so I can't complain. I love that my little guy loves yarn as much as I do.


The reason I "had" to finish it yesterday was that I didn't want any unfinished projects to hinder me today. Tonight I start a beginners knitting class at the yarn shop in the next town. I've tried on so many occasions to knit and I just get frustrated, but I've never found anyone to sit me down and show it to me, I always try from videos or books. So we'll see tonight. I'm excited to get out and meet some new women. When I was in the shop last week the lady who was working said there were four of us signed up and she thought by this week there would be six, which is a full class.

5 comments:

Laura said...

Max is too funny!

Glad your weekend went well!

I really want to knit...looks like the things to make are more versatile than crocheting...if you learn then you can show me!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the fun pictures!! Max is getting way too big!! So cute!!!-Glad your weekend went well at the conference!!-Love him in the blue sweater!! Enjoy your knitting class! Barb

Anonymous said...

i'm so happy to hear that max loves salsa! it's the texas in him ;-)

miss ya'll!

Anonymous said...

I love, love, LOVE that picture of Max! Way too funny! It is a good laugh after my day at work! I can not wait until we get to see you guys!

Anonymous said...

Hey you needed a fan blowing max's hair with that model pose. The only bad part about that picture is when it is on our desktop his strong belly gets cut off. Are u going to make him wear your handmade sweaters after the age af 10? I second Kara i cant wait to see you. Nick