So here's the list with some commentary if you are following along-
1. Run at least a half marathon if not a full one
Well I'm not there yet. In fact as most people I didn't hardly do anything over the holiday season-
Actually DONE! It was liberating and I'm still pulling a few pieces out here and there. I'm amazed at what I had t had that I didn't wear ever, at all, and didn't even like.
3. See the pacific ocean
We're done for now and it's up for renegotiation in 2015 so that takes care of the before 30 part.
We had a great time! And it was awesome- I've already been again for a day with friends and I'm planning another day trip in February to visit some friends. I'm such a city girl.
6. Learn to quilt
7. Complete another full sized afghan (either knit or crochet)
8. Decide on a career
9. Join a CSA for a summer
10. Get Adam to eat the veggies from the CSA
11. Take Max and Penny to a real live farm to see animals and/or harvest
We went to go see the harvest and Max and Adam rode the combine
12. Visit the PNW
13. Find a little black dress I actually like
14. Finish reading the whole Bible (I've started this one so many times, but always go back to my favorites instead of reading it all)
15. knit myself a sweater
This is one of my knitting goals for this year. I just have to decide on a pattern
16. Feel comfortable in my own skin, no matter what it looks like, or who I'm with
17. Clean out everything we collect and make it into everything we use/need/love
I started with my closet and I'm working through the house. I'm ending with the garage. Which will then lead to #30
18. Catch up on Max and Penny's scrapbooks
I've actually done a page or two of Max's and printed a billion pictures
19. Have a "handmade Christmas" where everything I give has been handmade by myself or someone I know
I did pretty well this year, but I'd like to do better next year. If not I'm pretty satisfied with how well I did this year.
I'm totally counting it.
21. Go to Disneyland
22. Learn to use our camera in manual mode a little better
I have but I'm still not great. I'd like to be better.
23. Have professional (really professional) family pictures taken
We tried. The kids were awful that morning. It's like they KNEW I wanted a nice picture. We'll have to try again.
24. Visit Dallas again
25. Spend some time alone on a beach and just read a book or magazine or knit
26. See MOPS (or any other ministry I might be involved in) flourish
MOPS has been awesome! I love the friends I've made and am continuing to make- it's thriving and living and moving- just awesome
27. Play my cello again
28. Read all the books I've bought and never read
I've at least resisted the urge to buy more books
29. Use trifle dish that I bought years ago but have only used to hold ice
I used it for fruit salad- I was also reminded that I totally have used it already- December 2008-
30. Have a garage sale
31. So I've been wanting to do something for a while I've never had the courage to do. It's something kinda silly, and I was thinking I was too old to, but I realized I'm not and I've been hemming and hawing about it for a few weeks now. So mystery item number 31 is going on the list and will be revealed when I do it.
I know I have a few readers so I'm looking for some feed back- What's something you've always wanted to do (something big or something small) but just have never had the courage to do? Answer in the comments and I'll totally pick a random commenter to receive something Cara-made-