Thursday, February 5, 2009

Thankful Thursday




Tonight I'm thankful for people who have befriended us here in Washington, IL. It seems kinda silly but in the ministry, it's hard to have friends. You are supposed to be friendly with everyone but not always real. It's a hard and delicate balance that we sway on everyday. Sometimes we second guess our actions, words, body language, lifestyles, etc. depending on the things people say to us. Really we are at the mercy of God for every aspect of our lives (literally) and everyone is constantly watching our "job performance." It's an interesting life, but I truly appreciate those who in and out of our church have come alongside us to let us be US.

Today I had three hours to myself while friends watched Max. They not only watched him but also had us over for dinner. Not only did I have three hours of alone time (spent at the house painting and painting and painting) but I didn't even have to cook dinner. Ah, bliss. It's refreshing to realize that six months into this we are becoming comfortable with the people that surround us in love- and hope we are able to show that love back to them in a real way.

2 comments:

Denise said...

Thanks for sharing your sweet blessings.

jennifersusan said...

How nice it is to have such good friends! You're so blessed!
btw..I love they might be giants, too! I'd have posted that on the Monday one but couldn't find the comment bar. sorry! ANYway...all generations in our home love TMBG. the old stuff and the new stuff! :)