Tuesday, April 7, 2009
I got an AWARD! (.... uh weeks ago)
Oops, I've been a little out of sorts lately, but I'm getting back in the swing folks, I promise. A couple of weeks ago, I got a little bloggy award. It was so nice of my old pal Brandi to think of me.
It's called the Smoking Typewriter, or the "Premios Dardo" Award. I was curious about this award because I'd seen it somewhere before, and so I kept going back and back in the links to find more information about it. (I really do have better things to do around here people, but I get obsessed about things and have to know the answer.) But search I did until I couldn't anymore and it turns out that it's for bloggers that "acknowledge the values that every blogger shows in his/her effort to transmit cultural, ethical, literary and personal values every day." Ha, maybe now you'll want to take it back Brandi, but you can't I've already claimed it. :) Somewhere along the line there are rules that get altered for claiming this one and I thought they were fun, so here we go.
1. Post the picture of the award and link back to who gave it to you.
2. Google your name and post what comes up. (I used to google myself all the time, and I haven't in a while, so this should be fun.
Apparently CARA stands for a lot of things. Acronyms all around. Here are the top 5 acronyms that spell my name according to Google anyway.
1. Chicago Area Runners Association
2. Community Animal Rescue and Adoption
3. Center for Applied Research in the Apostolate
4. Communities Against Rape and Abuse
5. California Advancement Researchers Association
So when I Google my full name, I get myself. I get my blog, I get a copy of the NEWSY (a shortlived newsletter Adam and I put out while in seminary to keep everyone posted pre-blog), I get my facebook, I get my flickr page, I get comments I've left on other people's blogs, I get my ranking of the 5k I ran a long time ago.
Sorry guys, I thought that was going to be much cooler....
But on to the last rule of the award...
3. Give others the award and let them know they've been given the award. Some of my favorite bloggers are private bloggers, so it's a little hard to do that, but here are some of my favorite "public" bloggers.
Laura - She's got my cutie pie niece, and she's got a photo blog too!
Michele from Extremely Crafty - She's one of my new favorite crafty bloggers
Megan from Hip Home - I've known Megan for years and admire her for her creativity, her parenting style, but most importantly her faith
Amber from Pizza and Ice Cream - She's a dear friend who lives far away and has the cutest newborn around :)
Thanks Brandi for the award, now it's time for some shameless plugging on your behalf....
Check out Brandi's new Etsy shop!