Monday, April 27, 2009

Menu Plan Monday....



Last weeks plan was perfect for us. The Baked Ziti was wonderful and super easy. I put it in two casserole dishes instead of one and froze the second instead of baking it. I also took a commenter's suggestion and added a can of just tomato sauce as well so it was a little more "saucy."

Unfortunately my rotisserie chicken tasted "off" this time (Adam and I couldn't figure out what it was) so I had to throw it out and I just used a frozen chicken breast for the quesadillas on Saturday.

The recipe for Sunday's Strawberry Rhubarb Cobbler came from my friend Heidi's Blog Beans and Weenies for the Easy Batter Fruit Cobbler. I normally keep it a secret as to what I bring to see if people will eat it, or like it because it's good or because I'm the pastor's wife. It got out this time about the cobbler and numerous people said they liked it and I really did too, in fact I liked it for breakfast this morning too.

Cereal Night ended up being a HUGE success. I knew it!

Here's what's up for this week!

Monday- Doctored Up Frozen Pizzas (I buy the $1 ones and have extras around to make them better)

Tuesday- Subs and veggie

Wednesday- Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup (Max LOVES tomato soup) and 2-3 dozen cookies for AWANA

Thursday- Baked Potatoes

Friday- Taco Soup

Saturday- Taco Pie (We don't mind having "Mexican" two nights in a row and these two things are actually quite different tasting.)

We have had and will continue to have super busy weeks until the end of May and so my menu plans are to keep it simple. I won't probably be trying anything too new or outrageous until June when we are settled in the new house.

3 comments:

Mimi said...

Fun songs!

jori-o said...

I've never seen Josie and the Pussycats--but I'm definitely familiar with those first two!!

elea said...

MMMM taco pie...love it!