Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Back to School, back to school.

I found out on Friday that I needed to take a class at the community college to fulfill a requirement for transferring my teaching certificate to IL. So I made some calls and found out classes start today. So Friday was a hectic battle of faxes and online applications and a lot of prayers. You see, while I majored in English with education as my focus, I was a string puller and knew too many people and was able to skip classes and prerequisites. That only now came back to bite me. I have to take a remedial education class on teaching the exceptional individual. I guess teaching advanced English and also teaching 10th graders who couldn't read didn't cover it in real life.

So I'm taking a Thursday evening class. I start this Thursday and I'm looking forward to being in the classroom again. I'm also hoping it will be a piece of cake.

1 comment:

The Kipps said...

Students will be blessed to have you as a teacher.