Thursday, March 11, 2010

You Capture - Quiet

There has been a serious lack of quiet around here lately- as I always say, Max is a very busy boy. Very very busy. I've lately had people telling me this left and right... maybe they're just being nice instead of saying my kid is a terror or tornado or has some sort of behavioral disorder. But really I'm standing by the firm believe that he's just extremely busy.
Today however I got some quiet. There was a good nap time for my busy boy, my house was clean, the dishes were done, the sun was shining, I had a glass of iced tea and a new knitting project on the needles. The chairs on the porch called my name very softly and I answered by sitting there for a full three hours, quietly, except for one conversation with my mother in law, and saying hi to the mail lady who brought me the best kind of mail, a wedding invite. I watched birds play in a puddle, people walking their dogs, a squirrel with a treasure in his mouth, and swear I could see more green popping up in my flower beds as I sat. I thought I would knit the whole time in the frantic way I have been, but I found myself repeatedly just sitting and staring.
It was nice, all the sitting and staring, but the best part I have to say, was the quiet.

Written this week for:
Photobucket

3 comments:

Katie Riddle said...

I love it. :) (Visiting from You Capture.)

Anonymous said...

A well earned quiet afternoon!!Sounds like you enjoyed!!Rest up
while you can!!Glad Max did his part! Grammy

My Trendy Tykes said...

I love the clouds!