Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Musical Monday... er Tuesday....

Yesterday was a "not getting out of PJs" day for us. So I didn't do anything and that includes blogging for the first Musical Monday - But here it is Tuesday and I think I should get with it. I've been trying to think of a song for the past week that would be appropriate, and I've come up with the song we sing most around here. Well one of two songs anyway....

If you're happy and you know it clap your hands!

I know sort of lame, but around here we've been encouraging Max to clap clap clap and so it is repeated over and over. It means so much to me because it represents how quickly my little one is changing and growing. This time last week he didn't know how to clap and now he does! It's so amazing watching him change each day (yestrday he taught himself how to pull up on the furniture!) and even when I'm frustrated I just remind myself that this too shall pass too quickly and I try not to take any phase for granted- but that whiny frustrated sound he makes that can surely go soon right?

Oh yeah and we always sing the clap your hands verse over and over we don't stomp our feet or anything else :)

2 comments:

Diane said...

aaawww too cute! i have a little neice who is everyday learning something new. it's so much fun to watch and be a part of.
thanks for playing MM!

jori-o said...

Haha! When you're a mom with little ones, those songs seem to take over your life, huh? And I LOVE toddlerhood, where you can literally SEE them learn! But I'm sorry to tell you, the whiny frustrated thing never goes away. ;) Thanks for playing, no matter what day!