Saturday, December 20, 2008

Baby It's Cold Outside...

Weather
Adam has that song stuck in his head, maybe it has something to do with us watching Elf three times this week. But the song is mighty appropriate for tonight. We're getting down to 1 with a wind child of -20.

We got quite a bit of ice on top of our snow Thursday this week and it hasn't warmed up well enough to get rid of it. Limbs from trees are everywhere and cracks and crashing sounds are commonplace now, but the other night one was even loud enough to make me jump out of bed from a deep sleep.

Tonight it was lightly snowing while we checked out the church parking lot to see if it was safe enough to have church. We are still on as of right now, but a few churches in the area have already canceled.

I went out (quickly) on Friday into the yard while Max was napping to take a couple of pictures of the pretty ice.






This one reminded me of The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe



Max
It seems as if Max is quickly leaving his newborn/infant stage behind. He's quite the independent explorer now and doesn't like to be cuddled quite as much as I'd like. Today while we were working at the new house, he was really sleepy and upset and let me hold him while he fell asleep for the first time in a long time. I cherish that moment only because I know they will be fewer and further in between. He's definitely a Daddy's Boy though and just lights up when Adam walks into the room. They have a really fun time together.

We like to have photo shoots around the house. I just love having the camera out.... Adam says I have 13 bazillion pictures of Max since he's been born. That's probably true. But we constantly have the camera laying around and Max looks for me when he sees the little orange light- He also likes to talk to the camera, which makes for not very cute pictures, but some cute video.

I call this one Waiting for Christmas


Such a cute boy- modeling for the camera


He thought it was HILARIOUS when I put his lovie on his head


I had almost forgotten about the penguin suit until I uncovered it in a closet the other day. OH MAN he's going to hate me when he's older, I'm pretty sure he hated me the moment I put him in the thing. But I just couldn't resist. So these are for you, Grammy and Darby-



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the entertainment-I'm sure Max will be a good sport-look who his Mom and Dad are!!! The Christmas penguin is awesome!! Grammy